Thursday, April 2, 2009

Blogging has become a fun past time for me. Learning how to put new elements into the blog has been a little exasperating but also exhilerating as well. The thing I like about technology, at least the creative part of it, is how it makes your brain have to problem solve. I grew up in a time and place where regurgitating information was the norm. We weren't suppose to have original ideas or try to think outside the box. However, many of my compatriots did break out of the sand box, refusing to be pidgeon-holed into what the preceding generation thought we should be. I did not rebel. I merely watched from the sidelines, sometimes applauding the changes and sometimes, turning my back on the behaviour.

The computer has opened my eyes to so many possibilities. There is a world at my fingertips now. I can readily access other people's ideas and creative minds in the punch of a button. I can share my thoughts with whomever chooses to read my words. There is power in this technology that was not there in past technologies. Writing utensils were useful but it took time and much effort to share your thoughts with others. Not so, anymore.

Web technology is only going to become increasingly powerful with all the social networks that are out there. Commerce has already begun to change because of it. The publishing world is feeling the effects of people gaining their news from the internet instead of the newspaper. Even the TV news people are beginning to use twitter to share what others are thinking about current events.

Some deplore the use of the internet, web blogging, social networking and sharing our hearts with complete strangers, but whether we like it or not, it's here to stay and our way of doing life has, and will, continue to change because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment